Who we are
Eats Amazing is a personal blog written and edited by Grace Hall. Our website address is: https://www.eatsamazing.co.uk
What information do we collect and how is it used?
We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process any online orders/enquiries, secondly to provide news if you are a subscriber, and thirdly to provide you with the best possible service.
relates to any legitimate company, by which you are directly employed, authorised on behalf of, or plan to start
relates to you as a visitor to the website
relates to The General Data Protection Regulations which came into effect on 25th of May 2018
We will be collecting:
- Anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of website visitors. Although this information is collected through your Google ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format. This means we cannot identify what information is about you. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising using the Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email. All personal information disclosed by you to us will be retained securely and we will not seek to append personal data from external sources
- Information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domains (www.eatsamazing.co.uk).
This data is held in a state of the art highly protected data storage environment within the UK and will be used to:
- Operate and maintain the website
- Help improve the content we display on our website
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future
- Send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- Process any online orders placed through the Eats Amazing Shop
- Track and measure advertising on the website
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR
Where do we store your data?
We store our data with WPopt Hosting. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the EU unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
Due to the open nature of the internet transmitting data to WPopt, this must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the WPopt secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
Eats Amazing Shop
In order to process orders made through the Eats Amazing Shop, Eats Amazing needs to collect your personal information such as name, company name, address, phone, email and payment information including email address for your PayPal account.
The use of this information is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you, including posting out your orders and issuing refunds when necessary. All payments are processed through Paypal so we do not collect or store credit card or bank account details.
It’s also important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase, what products they are most interested in and what products they buy, so we track and store this kind of data. This means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price for our products. It also helps us to understand your needs as a customer, allowing us to supply the most relevant and useful products possible in the Eats Amazing Shop.
Email and SMS options
By submitting your information into www.eatsamazing.co.uk you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company (see previous definition) or as an individual
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are accepting the relevance of our marketing email communications
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Eats Amazing and you
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behaviour will not be passed on to third parties.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us
You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email and SMS we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
Disclosing your information
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We will not share your information with any third parties not listed on our list of partners.
Eats Amazing is working hard to ensure it sets an exemplary standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see the ICO website.
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eats Amazing accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
Eats Amazing abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of Eats Amazing is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though we receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Eats Amazing includes some paid advertising on the site as detailed above. This shouldn’t be taken as an endorsement for any product advertised.
Eats Amazing is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.couk. As part of this Amazon Associates program, this website will post customised links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilises cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.